Tuesday, December 11, 2007

SED and EDU

SED 125 taught me all the fundamental factors of students disabilities in the classroom. Without an education on the disabilities of students I wouldn't have a clear idea as to what I should expect from students that may be disabled in my classroom. This class was also beneficial to me because I got to take the time to do a project on Autism. I never knew exactly what it was and when I learned more about it I realized that Autism isn't just one thing, it is many factors put together to make it harder for a student to learn and function in a working society. I really enjoyed this class with Dr. Denison. She was informative and a great educator on the lives of disabled students in the classroom.

EDU 125 presented me with the opportunity to learn more about the historical aspects of education. It was great to be able to learn some of where the greatest educators started in life and how they have shaped the world today. It also gave me a clear understanding of different types of education in the classroom. I also liked being able to see portfolios of other students. It was great to see how they had things set up and also wonderful to hear about their experience at UMF. My favorite part of this class was being able to talk to the two first year teachers and one experienced educator. I had a so many questions in mind and they were able to answer a great deal of them without me even having to ask. I really enjoyed their input on education. This class was great as well. I learned so many new things and that is a wonderful feeling to walk away with.

I feel very confident with the career that I hope to have. I know that there are going to be struggles along the way but these first classes made me feel confident that it is what I want to do with my life. I am excited to get started!

1 comment:

Johanna Prince said...

wonderful kristen, you've done a great job with this class and have the solid foundation to begin in this career. I look forward to seeing how things go for you, come visit and let me know how things are going!